a mutualism of writing, such as it is

Saturday, October 25, 2008

It happened on Voltaire Street

Some places are vortexes that suck in weirdness.I sat at a bus stop in front of a headshop on Voltaire Street in Ocean Beach, San Diego. I didn't know I was being watched.She had recognised me as one of her halucinations I would learn later. That was why she approached me.It occured to me that she was the rarest of human charactors: the female serial killer. Naturaly I accepted the offer of a ride.When I explained that I lived 60 miles or so away she just said "ok, do you know anything about medicine?".

You see, she had come to Ocean Beach to yell at a Veterinarian who she was convinced was poisoning her dog. I advised her to keep giving her dog its medicine and that the dogs symptoms were from its illnes not the medication the 'evil' vet prescibed.This seemed to reassure her and once relieved that her dog wasn't being poisoned she bagan to open up to me.
She had been up for some time, on meth. She had that posture. There were people chanting outside her window all night she said. Was I one of them she asked, she recognised me at the bus stop. I tried to convince her that we had just met.She asks my advice on how to get off drugs. I had been clean for about three weeks which we both agreed was a very very long time.Then she proceded to tell me her life story over and over. And over...

She had been mindfucked, compleatly and devitatingly mindfucked. Her only way to cope was denial. Denial.I heard her tell me the same story over and over but at the crucial plot point she would stop and start the story over.I can hardly blame her. The topic tabooish and she would be stigmatized. Nine hours of a broken record.I had no choice. I couldn't just get out and walk at that point in our odyssey.

Nine long hours later she droped me off the place I was living at the time. When she got out to say goodbye (forever) we both noticed her pants.There was a large wet spot on the crotch of her jeans. It was awkward. As batshit as she was she knew to be embarased.
I won't lie. I googled her very distinctive scandanavian name. I wonder what became of her. She probably doesn't even remember me.

No comments:

Contributors

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map